Strong Backing from City Leaders Amplifies Growing Momentum & Coalition of Support
In her campaign for Los Angeles City Attorney, Hydee Feldstein Soto has secured the powerful endorsement of four Los Angeles City Councilmembers — Councilmembers Curren D. Price, Jr., Paul Krekorian, Bob Blumenfield, and Monica Rodriguez – a testament to her campaign’s growing momentum.
“I am proud to have earned the endorsement of these esteemed Los Angeles City Councilmembers,” said Hydee Feldstein Soto. “They support that I have a clear plan to address our City’s most pressing challenges, with the experience and vision to move Los Angeles forward.”
The Councilmembers released the following statements with their support of Feldstein Soto –
I strongly support Hydee Feldstein Soto for Los Angeles City Attorney. Hydee has a deep understanding of the job of the City Attorney and brings unparalleled managerial experience and legal expertise to this vital role. She has a proven track record as a creative problem solver and will be a force for change for the people of Los Angeles. I’m proud to endorse her candidacy.” – Los Angeles City Councilmember Curren D. Price, Jr.
I’m proud to endorse Hydee Feldstein Soto to be our next Los Angeles City Attorney. Hydee is not a politician looking for a job — she is an extraordinarily talented practicing lawyer who has the acumen, intelligence and integrity to be an outstanding City Attorney. Hydee has what it takes to meet this moment and help get LA back on the right track. She has impeccable credentials and the know-how to get things done. Please join me in supporting Hydee Feldstein Soto for City Attorney.” – Los Angeles City Councilmember Paul Krekorian
Los Angeles needs Hydee Feldstein Soto as our next City Attorney. She has a deep understanding and affinity for the job and our City, and all of us who call LA home would be well served by a City Attorney with Hydee’s intelligence, creativity and experience. Please join me in supporting Hydee Feldstein Soto for Los Angeles City Attorney. I am proud to endorse her candidacy.” – Los Angeles City Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez
I strongly endorse Hydee Feldstein Soto for Los Angeles City Attorney. This office requires a proven leader of exceptional caliber, vision and experience to address Los Angeles’ critical issues and move the City forward. Hydee will bring unmatched legal expertise and a can-do approach to this vital role and is the clear choice to serve as our next LA City Attorney.” – Los Angeles City Councilmember Bob Blumenfield
The Hydee Feldstein Soto campaign for City Attorney is energized with a broad coalition of endorsers, including:
- Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project Los Angeles County Action Fund (PPAP)
- Los Angeles League of Conservation Voters (LALCV)
- Los Angeles Times
- LA Daily News/SoCal News Group
- Los Angeles County Democratic Party
- Women’s Political Committee
- Speaker Emeritus of the California Assembly John A. Pérez
- Congressmember Brad Sherman
- Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia
- LA County Assessor Jeff Prang
- LA City Controller Ron Galperin
- Former CA Senate Majority Leader/Chair of the Latino Legislative Caucus Richard Polanco
- Former CA Assemblymember Mike Gatto
- Former Congressmember and LA County Supervisor Yvonne Brathwaite Burke
- Former Los Angeles City Councilmember Jan Perry
- National Women’s Political Caucus
- Latinas Lead
- Former candidates for LA City Attorney Marina Torres, Richard Kim, Kevin James and Teddy Kapur
- Los Angeles Democratic clubs: Stonewall Democratic Club, Avance Democratic Club, Democratic Party of the San Fernando Valley, Heart of LA Democratic Club, East Area Progressive Democrats, North Valley Democratic Club, Chicano Latino Immigrant Democratic Club of LA, San Fernando Valley Young Democrats and Pacific Palisades Democratic Club
- Los Angeles County Business Federation (BizFed) Political Action Committee
- International and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Local 94
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 11
- District 36 of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- National Steel Framing Industry Association
- SEIU Local 121RN
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 12
- Southern District Council of Laborers LiUNA! and Laborers Local 300
- Engineers and Architects Association (EAA)
Hydee Feldstein Soto is a pro-choice feminist, lifelong Democrat, nationally recognized attorney, mother and Jewish Latina from Puerto Rico, who has lived in Los Angeles for 40+ years. She is the only candidate who has led large teams of attorneys and has experience on legal transactions the size of the City of LA’s budget or greater. As LA City Attorney, Feldstein Soto is committed to creating a City that works for everyone with solutions that address our most pressing issues – homelessness and housing, disparities in law enforcement, neighborhood safety, reproductive rights, human trafficking and domestic violence, gun violence, environmental protection, and accountability and corruption in our halls of power.
Read Hydee Feldstein Soto’s plans for Los Angeles at: https://hydeeforcityattorney.com.
Follow us on Twitter and IG @ElectHydee. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/electhydee.
# # #