Feldstein Soto Earns Powerful Endorsement of City Attorneys Union
Hydee Feldstein Soto for LA City Attorney has announced a major new endorsement from the Los Angeles City Attorneys Association, the union that represents approx. 500 Deputy and Assistant City Attorneys who serve the public as prosecutors, civil litigators, and general counsel to every municipal department of the City of Los Angeles.
In making their endorsement, the Los Angeles City Attorneys Association released the following statement –
The Los Angeles City Attorneys Association (LACAA) is proud to support Hydee Feldstein Soto and her campaign for LA City Attorney. Hydee is the best candidate to support us in our work protecting the public, defending the public purse, and advocating on behalf of Angelenos throughout the City. We look forward to Hydee joining our dedicated members on the frontlines of the biggest challenges facing Los Angeles: combating human trafficking, domestic violence, and gun crimes and working to reduce homelessness and improve the quality of life and access to affordable housing in every neighborhood.
In this critical election, Hydee Feldstein Soto is the clear choice for anyone seeking a safer, better Los Angeles. The Deputy City Attorneys LACAA represents–who work on behalf of the residents of this great City each and every day–wholeheartedly support Hydee Feldstein Soto for LA City Attorney, and we encourage residents across Los Angeles to do the same.” – Josh Geller, President, Los Angeles City Attorneys Association
“I am both humbled and inspired by the endorsement of the Los Angeles City Attorneys Association as I work to become the next Los Angeles City Attorney,” said Hydee Feldstein Soto. “Meeting with the dedicated professionals and staff in the office that I aspire to lead was undoubtedly the most important job interview of my life. With your support and partnership, I am confident that we can successfully come together to address our City’s greatest challenges. Thank you for placing your trust in me and I promise that I will not let you down.”
Feldstein Soto continues to consolidate support from critical stakeholders across the City. This endorsement comes on the heels of backing from:
- Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project Los Angeles County Action Fund (PPAP)
- Los Angeles League of Conservation Voters (LALCV)
- Los Angeles Times
- LA Daily News/SoCal News Group
- Los Angeles County Democratic Party
- Women’s Political Committee
- Speaker Emeritus of the California Assembly John A. Pérez
- Congressmember Brad Sherman
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Monica Rodriguez
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Bob Blumenfield
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Paul Krekorian
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Curren D. Price Jr.
- LA County Assessor Jeff Prang
- LA City Controller Ron Galperin
- Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia
- Former CA Senate Majority Leader/Chair of the Latino Legislative Caucus Richard Polanco
- Former CA Assemblymember Mike Gatto
- Former Congressmember and LA County Supervisor Yvonne Brathwaite Burke
- Former Los Angeles City Councilmember Jan Perry
- Former Los Angeles City Councilmember Dennis Zine
- National Women’s Political Caucus
- Latinas Lead
- Former candidates for LA City Attorney Marina Torres, Richard Kim, Kevin James and Teddy Kapur
- Los Angeles Democratic clubs: Stonewall Democratic Club, Avance Democratic Club, Democratic Party of the San Fernando Valley, Heart of LA Democratic Club, East Area Progressive Democrats, North Valley Democratic Club, Chicano Latino Immigrant Democratic Club of LA, San Fernando Valley Young Democrats and Pacific Palisades Democratic Club
- Los Angeles County Business Federation (BizFed) Political Action Committee
- United Firefighters of LA City, Local 112
- International and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Local 94
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 11
- District 36 of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- National Steel Framing Industry Association
- SEIU Local 121RN
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 12
- Southern District Council of Laborers LiUNA! and Laborers Local 300
- Engineers and Architects Association (EAA)
Hydee Feldstein Soto is a pro-choice feminist, lifelong Democrat, nationally recognized attorney, mother and Jewish Latina from Puerto Rico, who has lived in Los Angeles for 40+ years. She is the only candidate who has led large teams of attorneys and has experience on legal transactions the size of the City of LA’s budget or greater. As LA City Attorney, Feldstein Soto is committed to creating a City that works for everyone with solutions that address our most pressing issues – homelessness and housing, disparities in law enforcement, neighborhood safety, reproductive rights, human trafficking and domestic violence, gun violence, environmental protection, and accountability and corruption in our halls of power.
Read Hydee Feldstein Soto’s plans for Los Angeles at: https://hydeeforcityattorney.com.
Follow us on Twitter and IG @ElectHydee. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/electhydee.
# # #