Backing from Major Metropolitan Newspaper Amplifies Growing Momentum
The Los Angeles Times has reconfirmed its support for Hydee Feldstein Soto for Los Angeles City Attorney by endorsing her candidacy – for the second time. Feldstein Soto is the only candidate to have earned the endorsement of both major Los Angeles newspapers – the Los Angeles Times and the LA Daily News/SoCal News Group – cementing her dynamic campaign heading towards the arrival of ballots.
In making their endorsement, the Los Angeles Times editorial board stated –
In the primary, we recommended Feldstein Soto as the best candidate because she would bring deep legal expertise and independence to the job. And we still think she is the right choice in the Nov. 8 general election.
The city attorney job in City Hall demands a clear understanding of the responsibilities and limitations of the position. We prefer Feldstein Soto’s pragmatic approach to the job.”
Feldstein Soto continues to consolidate support from critical stakeholders across the City. Her diverse roster of endorsements includes:
- Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project Los Angeles County Action Fund (PPAP)
- Los Angeles League of Conservation Voters (LALCV)
- Los Angeles Times
- LA Daily News/SoCal News Group
- Los Angeles County Democratic Party
- Women’s Political Committee
- Los Angeles City Attorneys Association
- Speaker Emeritus of the California Assembly John A. Pérez
- Congressmember Brad Sherman
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Monica Rodriguez
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Bob Blumenfield
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Paul Krekorian
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Curren D. Price Jr.
- LA County Assessor Jeff Prang
- LA City Controller Ron Galperin
- Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia
- Former CA Senate Majority Leader/Chair of the Latino Legislative Caucus Richard Polanco
- Former CA Assemblymember Mike Gatto
- Former Congressmember and LA County Supervisor Yvonne Brathwaite Burke
- Former Los Angeles City Councilmember Jan Perry
- Former Los Angeles City Councilmember Dennis Zine
- National Women’s Political Caucus
- Latinas Lead
- Former candidates for LA City Attorney Marina Torres, Richard Kim, Kevin James and Teddy Kapur
- Los Angeles Democratic clubs: Stonewall Democratic Club, Avance Democratic Club, Democratic Party of the San Fernando Valley, Heart of LA Democratic Club, East Area Progressive Democrats, North Valley Democratic Club, Chicano Latino Immigrant Democratic Club of LA, San Fernando Valley Young Democrats and Pacific Palisades Democratic Club
- Los Angeles County Business Federation (BizFed) Political Action Committee
- United Firefighters of LA City, Local 112
- International and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Local 94
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 11
- District 36 of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- National Steel Framing Industry Association
- SEIU Local 121RN
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 12
- Southern District Council of Laborers LiUNA! and Laborers Local 300
- Engineers and Architects Association (EAA)
Hydee Feldstein Soto is a pro-choice feminist, lifelong Democrat, nationally recognized attorney, mother and Jewish Latina from Puerto Rico, who has lived in Los Angeles for 40+ years. She is the only candidate who has led large teams of attorneys and has experience on legal transactions the size of the City of LA’s budget or greater. As LA City Attorney, Feldstein Soto is committed to creating a City that works for everyone with solutions that address our most pressing issues – homelessness and housing, disparities in law enforcement, neighborhood safety, reproductive rights, human trafficking and domestic violence, gun violence, environmental protection, and accountability and corruption in our halls of power.
Read Hydee Feldstein Soto’s plans for Los Angeles at: https://hydeeforcityattorney.com.
Follow us on Twitter and IG @ElectHydee. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/electhydee.
# # #